Job Title: Contact Advisor
Company: Dispute Resolution Ombudsman Limited
Reports to: Contact Team Lead / Head of Customer Contact
Hours: 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday 9-5)
Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Dispute Resolution Ombudsman Limited is an independent not-for-profit, government approved Ombudsman. The Dispute Resolution Ombudsman Limited, incorporating The Furniture Ombudsman and Rail Ombudsman provides alternative dispute resolution for the rail, retail, furniture and home improvement sectors.
Our vision is to inspire consumer confidence, raise industry standards and resolve disputes without the need for costly litigation. We are neither a consumer champion nor a trade body.
We operate independently to ensure fairness in every case. with the aim of building a bridge between both sides, to resolve disputes and reach the right resolution. We're totally independent which means we can be trusted to help reach an agreement that is fair for both parties.
The organisation is a City & Guilds Approved Training Centre which offers an array of training courses covering customer service, consumer and retail law and complaint management.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organisation which provides Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) to a range of businesses and their consumers.
You will play a key role within a team of contact advisors providing first line support to consumers, providing guidance on our complaint service. Your role will be responsible for handling all types of customer contacts including telephone calls, emails and social media. You will be handling customer enquiries and complaint calls whilst ensuring accurate information is recorded on our systems. maintaining customer service in line with agreed service levels.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- First point of contact for consumers, including a broad variety of inbound calls and complaint handling
- Responsible for providing a consistent high level of customer service to consumers, adhering to set service level agreements
- Recording data accurately onto our systems
- Liaison with internal teams to resolve outstanding issues and escalating where necessary
- Ad-hoc project work as and when requested
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Excellent communication skills including a first-class telephone manner
- Ability to problem solve and soothe unhappy customers
- Administration skills and high attention to detail to ensure all recordings are accurate
- Flexible attitude and ability to adapt to change
- Confident, and able to communicate at all levels
- IT Literate (Microsoft Office) and ability to learn new systems
- Ability to absorb information quickly and adapt to the business needs
Because of the changing nature of our business, your job description will inevitably change. You will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.
- Holiday Allocation: 22 days plus bank holiday (1 day increase per year of service up to 5 days)
- Company pension scheme: The People Pension 3%
- Free Parking
- Insurance Protection
- Free Fruit Deliveries
- Flexible working
How to apply
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org